US Visa and Green Card Attorneys

At Immigration Desk, we help our corporate and individual clients file for both temporary stay and permanent residency into the United States.

The United States has two separate paths for people moving to its shores: people who intend to live in the US for a short time file for a non-immigrant visa. People who wish to relocate permanently file for an immigrant visa petition. Usually, people first arrive with a non-immigrant visa and later file to live here permanently.

See related testimonials.

Immigrating to the US

Non-Immigrant Petitions

There are many choices for people who wish to be in the US temporarily. US visas are based on the purpose of your visit.

  • If you wish to enter the US for a few months, to visit, travel or to meet customers, you will file for a tourist/business visa (B 1/2 visa).
  • If you want to study in the US, you will apply for a F-1 or a M-1 student visa or a J-1 research scholar and medical resident visa.
  • If you wish to work in the US, you will most likely file for a H1 visa. Depending on your exact situation, you may also be able to work on many different visas such as the J-1, L-1, O-1 or a P-1.
  • If you want to invest in a business in the US, you will likely file for a E1 or E2 visas.

While these are the most common options, this is by no means the exhaustive list. There are many other options for people who wish to stay in the US for a limited time. Each visa has its own peculiarities and regulations that must be met for the person to maintain legal status while in the US.

Read More Less

Return to Topright-arrow-0

Alt Textst!-0

Immigrant petitions

Just like there are many visas for temporary visitors, there are many pathways that will lead to permanent residency in the US.

Return to Topright-arrow-1

Alt Textst!-1

Some interesting facts about permanent residency

Permanent residency is usually for a period of 10 years and needs to be extended further by filing a petition with the US immigration service known as the US Citizenship and Immigration Service. As proof of permanent residency, you get a card that looks much like a driver’s license. This card is commonly called a “green card” though the card is no longer green, like in earlier decades. You can use this card to apply for a job, buy a house, or re-enter the US after traveling abroad.

Permanent residence is not the same as “citizenship” where a person can also vote and be elected for political office.

Usually, permanent residents can apply for citizenship after 5 years of living in the US as permanent residents.

Again, the rules are not quite this simple and there are many variations, depending on your situation.

Read More Less

Return to Topright-arrow-2

Alt Textst!-2

How to get permanent residency

There are multiple paths to getting permanent residency. The most common are through your family, your employer and self-filing for a green card. You can also obtain permanent residency by investing in the US, by applying for asylum or for the green card lottery.

We at Immigration Desk, specialize in filing for green cards through employment or family members, and when you want to invest in the US.

  • If you are filing through your employer, there are several different visa options, depending on your job seniority, level of education and work experience.
  • A US citizen or permanent resident can sponsor close family members.
  • You can also invest in the US and get a green card.
  • Again there are many different options, some of which are easier than others.

    Below is the list of temporary visa and permanent resident visas that we help our clients file. While you go through these, please keep in mind that immigration to the US is a complicated process. This website presents a generalized view of each category. To discuss details of your situation and what visa would suit you best, you should always talk with a qualified attorney.

Read More Less

Return to Topright-arrow-3

Alt Textst!-3

Success means bringing the best workforce to your office, one visa at a time.


Stay up to date on the latest immigration news. Sign up for our newsletter.
go to top